Knowledge Center Bot
Knowledge Center Bot is an on-boarding assistant that guides users in learning your product. The Bot contains links to engagements and external URLs in order to effectively onboard new users as well as educate existing users. The goal of knowledge center bot is to allow users to see the list of all engagements in one place for quick and easy reference. This improves your customer satisfaction by increasing accessibility to in-app experiences.
Login to Gainsight PX and Page Navigation
- Login to Gainsight PX with your personal credentials. Gainsight PX Dashboard is displayed.
- Click the Knowledge Center Bot icon on the left pane.
Clicking Knowledge Center Bot navigates you to the Content page where you can create your knowledge center bot.
- If engagements are created and linked to knowledge center bot, Content page displays as below.
- Select the Add checkbox(es) of the required engagement to start building a widget.
- Enter URL in the Guide Activation URL column to trigger the guide on specific page first. For example, if you want to trigger a guide on http://example.com/b URL and you are on http://example.com/a URL, Gainsight PX will first navigate you to Guide Activation URL http://example.com/b and shows the guide there.
- Click Editor. This displays the following page with various options:
- In the Settings tab, format the Header background and Content color and background for your knowledge center bot, as required.
- Click Feedback checkbox to enable it. So that, you can allow your customers to provide their feedback.
- Select the Feedback checkbox. A new tab called Your Feedback appears on the bot.
- Click Your feedback icon on the bot.
- Once the above configuration is done, users will be able to select the feedback category from the Select category dropdown list, and submit their feedback from the below category list.
- Feature Request
- General Feedback
For more information about feedback analytics, refer Gainsight PX User Feedback API article.
- In the Bot Settings tab, select the text color or background color for the Bot badge and Close badge. The Bot is the icon that appears in the customer’s application and provides users with access to the Knowledge Center Bot. You have multiple options available from which you can select the desired Bot icon.
- To add customized bot icon, select the Use Image URL checkbox and enter the image URL. Click OK.
- Enter text in the Speech Bubble field to help end-users understand the widget’s purpose and format the text color or background color, as required.
- Click Save.
- Click Launch as shown below.
Modify the title, size, and position of a Bot
You can modify the title, position, and height of a Bot. Gainsight PX has introduced three new sections in the Settings tab of the Knowledge Center editor; Title, Position, and Height.
The Title section allows you to modify the name of the Bot. The Position section allows you to place the bot to the left or right of the screen and set the bottom offset value. As you increase the Bottom Offset value, the bot moves towards the top of your screen.
The Height section allows you to set the height of your bot. By default, the height is set to 500 px. You can modify the height as required. The maximum height limit allowed is 999 px.
Integrate your Knowledge Base with the KC Bot
You can integrate your knowledge base with the KC bot, so that users can search your product documentation resources, without ever leaving your web application! Check out these resources to learn how to setup an integration:
To learn about all frequently asked questions, refer Knowledge Center Bot FAQs article.